Welcome to the St Andrew's College Archive page
The Archives are now situated on the ground floor of the Currey Block, around the corner from the Kannemeyer Council Chamber, opposite the Jooste Dining Hall.
The Archive Department now falls under the SAC/DSG Foundation Office. This is a natural progression as all items pertaining to the history of the school are collected, selected, preserved and disseminated by this department. Coupled with this is an alumni database on which the historical documentation and artefacts are being catalogued and linked to individual Old Andreans.
Penny Tyson, Archivist since 2005, retires at the end of 2011 and she will be replaced by Lin Andrew, daughter of Des White (OA 1941 and Past-President of the OA Club) and mother of two Old Andreans.
As a collection of historical records is only as good as what is available, Lin would like to appeal to any old boys who have photographs or interesting documents to consider either donating them to the school or allowing them to be scanned and returned.
Please feel free to contact the Archive Department should you have any queries. Lin is available during term time on 046-6032347or firstname.lastname@example.org
This photograph is of the 1953 1st Cricket XI. We are so grateful to Bill Clough (OA 1950-54) for bringing us his College album filled with photos of his school career. With Bill’s help, we have been able to name the members of the various teams. The photos have been scanned and are now on the Archive section of the Devman database which is maintained by the SAC/DSG Foundation Office. Each individual in the pictures has been linked to their personal Andrean profile within the database.
We hope this will be seen as an example of how the Archive Department can build up and digitize its collection of photographs. We would be most grateful to any Old Andreans who would be prepared to either donate or lend us their old school photos in order to continue increasing our collection.